Sunday, July 22, 2018

Best workout's for FREE

I mentioned in my last post that I love the free support we can get right in the palm of our hands (literally!). So here's my go to list:
*Most of these links take you to a video- I'm technologically challenged and it was easier this way.

Blogilates
Pilates at it's best
-She has such a fun personality. She has a workout calendar you can get for free on her blog-sign up for the emails.
-On her YouTube page, go to the "Playlist" section and you can find the workouts for that day and they will all just play in a row for you.
-She has great, FUN workouts ranging from 3 min to an hour long. I never thought I'd love Pilates so much but it is great for you- really works your core AND the leg workouts are very beneficial for runners.

30 Day Fat Burn Challenge
High Intensity Workouts
-These are all just 10 min workouts, the most equipment you'll need is some lightweight dumbells but soup cans or water bottles could work too.
-There is a calendar to follow but you're best off to google search the image otherwise I think you'll have to pay for it.

Fitness Blender
-This is a real great asset. Their library is VAST!
-Cute husband and wife duo! They both do videos and while they're very well done they're not lively, so I don't end up using them much.

Yoga-
I'm picky when it comes to yoga but here are three that I've enjoyed:
Ali - usually 30-60 min and a good mix of intensity.
Erin- very professional and a decent workout with some good balance challenges.
Adrienne- she is so laid back. She has some great technical stuff and a few heart pounding videos.
*My favorite yoga is vinyasa "power" yoga that is challenging with some holds but quick pace overall and lots of vinyasas. I hope this is a good starting point for you.

Don't forget your phone apps!
Youtube is not the only place to get great, free workouts. I have been using "Be Fit 21" for the last few months and I love it! I have modified most of the movements to be compound (adding in arms with legs for every movement to be most effective).  There's a long list but I've been so happy I haven't really looked much farther. If you feel like you need more guidance and don't know a move- google it!

I love using My Fitness Pal and Under Armour Record App

You also don't have to do a "workout" to excercise. Go swimming, take the kids to the park and play with them, family bike rides, family walks. Make your life one day better- as a family.

What's your favorite at home workout?

Here's my favorite workout spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment